Barnstaple - 01805 625999 

Costs and Funding Quay Care 

Full care costs will be provided after an initial consultation where your needs are assessed and a care plan is proposed. 
State Funding 
At Quay Care we address many different types of care options and funding availability may vary dependent on the type of care required.  
Care and support services in England have never been free. Most clients will have to pay something towards their own care and in some cases you will have to pay for all of the costs.  
Your first point of enquiry would be your local council, who may cover some or all of the cost of care in some circumstances. This support would be judged on a means tested need, which means that who pays what % would depend on what your needs are, how much money you have saved, and what level and type of care and support you require. 
If your local authority considers that you need support that it can provide, it may also carry out an assessment of your finances. This means tested assessment will determine how much the local authority will contribute, or whether you will need to contribute towards your care cost, or meet the full costs yourself.  
State selection of a Care Provider 
If you are successful in obtaining funding for your care, Social Services will pay a care provider or care home direct for the agreed level of care that has been assessed. Unless you specify which company you want to undertake the care, then Social Services will select a local care provider on your behalf. 
You would be well advised to do some research on local care providers to help you decide which care company you would like. 
Care Direct 
Care Direct is a local service covering all of Devon. They offer help and provide information on support and care services and groups. Their contact number is 0345 1551 007. Click here for their website link 
Alternatives to NHS care 
The NHS is only responsible for funding certain types of health care equipment you may need. In some situations, they could also be responsible for meeting care needs. This is usually when your need is mainly for health care rather than social care. NHS care is usually provided in hospital, but it could be in someone’s own home or elsewhere in the community. 
NHS continuing health care 
If yourself or the person you care for has very severe and complex health needs, they could qualify for NHS continuing health care. This is an ongoing package of care that’s fully funded by the NHS. 
Get personal advice on care funding 
We are all aware the cost of a persons care and support is likely to be a long-term commitment and in some circumstances be substantial, therefore we would suggest that you find out what help is available to you from the following sources. 
Due to the complexity of social care funding, benefits, allowances etc. you should firstly seek advice from your local Citizens Advice Bureau who will be able to help you with your questions and can provide you with valuable information on what you may / may not be able to claim. Alternately speak to your local authority or seek financial advice from a qualified, independent source – there are independent financial advisers who specialise in care funding advice; they are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and must stick to a code of conduct and ethics, and take shared responsibility for the suitability of any product they recommend. 
We are happy to help in any instance with regards to funding advice, so please call us on 01237 471355 or 01271 379165. 
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings